Monday, August 16, 2010

Oops. Disaster identified: 10:30PM


I overcooked the lima beans. Way overcooked them. I hoped that putting them in the fridge all day would somehow make them magically bean-ify again but no luck. I'm thinking I'll have to make these into a soup...or I might try that white bean and cheese sauce I've heard a lot of people talking about.


Whatever I do, it's not happening tonight. I'm exhausted and sore from ripping up carpet tack and I'm done doing productive things for the night.
Update: 8/17 I made the cheese sauce. I poured the beans into the blender and whipped it. I heated in a pan with salt, butter, garlic and pepper and then added yellow and white cheddar cheeses. The whipped beans were the same consistency as a rue and it worked out fairly nice. Although I'd recommend using less pasta when making a baked dish with it because it's heavier and the pasta at the bottom of the pan remained uncoated. Tasted nice though and the kids liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment