Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Star Round Two: Star Sandwiches







I'm determined to find the perfect use for this as a "press".


I'm prefacing this post by saying that I'm not a crust-cutter-offer. I'm a big time crust presenter. And most of the time my kids eat them. But my philosophy is to present foods as they come and my kids can choose to eat or not eat which parts of them they enjoy. So I wavered slightly in making these since technically all they are are versions of crust-cut-off sandwiches. I'm also prefacing by saying that I made these during the day...so I've cheated a bit on the blog. :)


That being said, I had some bread that's going to go in a couple of days and I had two heels in it and I really want to see the spectrum of what this little star wonder can do. A cute shape seems a great way to hide from your kids that their sandwich is half heel. I made two versions; a pressed one and a flat one.


These are olive and cream cheese. And at the time of writing, they've since been devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment